Melbourne Arrivals


Flinders, originally uploaded by burntfilm.


I'm bursting to tell someone! We're going to Melbourne for five days on Thursday.

Oh my goodness!

I'm trying to think the last time J and I were away, actually staying away, overnight, not in range of work and familial commitments.

We're a couple of sad sacks really. The last time we were away was house sitting 10 minutes from home... that was two years ago. So being away-away was three years ago.

My mother's illness has definitely kept us closer to home but she has gone into respite care for a few weeks (though that is another fresh hell).

But back to me! I'm so excited I can't contain myself. We are staying with my sister-in-law which will be great. We'll be public-transporting, going to lots of shops and galleries and generally being little tourists.

Can I tell you how excited I am again!!??

9 comments:

Levin said...

i can imagine you are very excited. we went last year and we are all itching to get back.
hope you have lots and lots of fun.
l
x

Bird Bath said...

Melbourne is such a vibrant place to visit...I'd be excited too! Hope you have a great time and have a big show and tell when you get back.

Stacey said...

I may be a wee bit biased, but Melbourne is a fantastic place.
I'm sure you'll have a lovely time.

CurlyPops said...

How exciting...make sure you bring your winter woolies...it's a bit chilly here!

Tamara said...

Enjoy Melbourne. It is such a wonderful place, in my biased view.

Anonymous said...

Yay Melbourne! Hope you have a great time!

Kris said...

Wow! Away-away! I am so impressed. And jealous. I hope you have a truly wonderful time. I'm sure you will - Melbourne is so fun!

Bianca said...

exciting! just in time for the melbourne design market & design made trade ;)

Hope to see you at the Bamakko stall where I'll be helping out.

Unknown said...

Oh YAY! I would be excited too. Melbourne is fabulous and Oh to have a little time away. What fun!